A rather expensive and beautiful bike by Schwinn, but unfortunately has been riddled with complaints of components mismatch or nondelivery.
Schwinn Fairbrook 700C is one of the more expensive Schwinn bicycles for women.
This is a model that looks delicate, but it’s made of steel and is well enduring. Most will find it to be more suitable to fully grown women than to girls.
Even more so, it is a better choice for tall women than for short ones. Surely one can lower both the handle and seat, but the adjustment isn’t always enough.
Plus there are bikes that are made specifically to cater to short women.
Schwinn Fairbrook 700C was made with a concern for the bike weight. It is surprising how light the rims are but it’s understandable since they are made of a lightweight alloy.
The design reflects this lightweight quality. This bike has, all in all, a very simple appearance since it doesn’t have all those extra tubes on the frame as well as a bulky appearance that other Schwinn models have, which makes them look more sophisticated.
Table of Contents
Design and Simplicity
Schwinn came up once again with a very decent design, at the same time with a strong vintage feeling.
The white is dominating here, although the framework is colored in a nice vivid mint shade and other parts like the rims and the basket are yellow. The chainstays have a very different design than other models.
The bikes feature a wide chain guard piece, which is adorned with a delicate flowery print to match the color scheme. It can also add much to the cuteness factor of the bike, something that women demand.
It does not support a carrier in the back, but the basket in the front should be ample for utility purposes.
It allows for a much smaller load, but it is better than nothing. However, this may not be everyone’s cup of tea if they are in need of carrying more.
There isn’t much complaining if this bike is well-matched with its owner in terms of proportions and performance.
A downside is that the manufacturer doesn’t mention anything about the maximum load it can carry. It’s a big question mark for overweight adults. They may not feel this model as reliable.
The tires are not perfectly calibrated, so it’s definitely recommended to be careful and doesn’t get on this bike when weighing too much. There are ways to set the pressure in the tires so that they’re enabled to handle more weight. This can easily solve the problem but would not necessarily mean the bike is designed for such a configuration.
As for assembling the bike, it normally takes about two hours if there is someone to help.
It’s actually best when two people team up to assemble it, as it can be laborious. In any case, it should work just fine and be an intuitive process.
Performance matching was mentioned earlier and this referred to a match between the user’s possibilities and expectations and the capabilities of the bike. This is a model that is suitable for short but also lengthy trips. It can handle rougher paths, too.
This is a cruiser made to take long sessions. Comfort is ensured even for long rides. The leather seat and the proportions of the frame largely contribute to this. It is a bicycle that meets the tastes of women, at the same time being reliable in the long run.
What Do the Customers Have to Say?
Although a beautiful product to witness, unfortunately, it hasn’t received as much praise as some of the other Schwinn models out there.
Yes. the bikes have received praise for its looks. Many have mentioned that it looks stunning in person.
However, there have been many concerns regarding the delivery of the bike. Some have had issues due to missing components whereas others have complained about mismatch components.
All we can hope is that Schwinn addresses all the concerns in order to make this stunning bike worth your money.
Schwinn Wayfarer Bike Mens and Womens Hybrid Retro-Styled Cruiser, 7-Speed, 28-inch Wheels, Small Frame, Light Mint
$199.99 in stock
- Limited lifetime warranty for as long as you own the bike
- 7 speed shifters and Schwinn rear derailleur
- Steel retro urban style frame with coordinating fenders and rack, Schwinn quality spring seat
- Alloy front and rear V brakes. Saddle - Schwinn vinyl comfort
Schwinn Discover Hybrid Bike for Men and Women, 21-Speed, 28-inch Wheels, 18-inch/Medium Frame, Black
- Men's comfort bike with aluminum city frame; Anatomic grips with dual density
- Schwinn suspension fork; Schwinn alloy crank; City rise bar with back sweep handlebar
- 21 speed Sram grip shifter; Shimano rear derailleur; Alloy twist shifter compatible 4 finger brake levers
- Promax alloy linear pull brakes; rear gear carrier; Adjsutable stem rise alloy ahead
- Swept back upright handlebar and padded saddle
Schwinn Network Hybrid Bike, 3.0 Series, 18-inch Frame, White/Blue
$332.85 in stock
- Schwinn alloy hybrid frame with Schwinn fit geometry and suspension fork provide a smooth ride.
- Shimano 21 speed EZ-Fire shifters with Shimano rear derailed for quick, precise gear changes.
- Alloy linear pull brakes give you exceptional stopping power. Alloy rims are strong and lightweight.
- Suspension seat post with Schwinn hybrid saddle and ergonomic grips provide a comfortable ride.
- 700c size wheel fits adults 5'4" to 6'0". This bike comes unassembled and includes a limited lifetime for as long as you own the bike.
Schwinn Vantage F3 700C Performance Road Bike with Flat Bar and Disc Brakes, 56cm/Medium Frame, Black
- Designed for beginner to intermediate riders who want to start pushing themselves further and faster than they ever have before. Suggested rider height range for the Vantage F3 is 5' 7" - 5' 10"
- Schwinn Smooth Ride Technology frame features an elastomer soft tail suspension that provides optimal comfort wherever your adventure takes you
- Shimano 21-speed Tourney drivetrain with Shimano EZ-Fire trigger shifters for precise shifting and a wide, versatile gear range
- Light and strong Alex DC-26 rims with Schwinn 35c hybrid tires provide a dependable and comfortable ride
- Rack and fender mounts let you customize your ride to meet all your commuting and touring needs; Schwinn sport Ergo dual-density grips add comfort
Schwinn Network 1.0 700c Men's 18 Hybrid Bike, 18-Inch/Medium, Grey
$231.82 in stock
- Schwinn steel hybrid frame with Schwinn suspension fork offers comfortable and efficient riding
- Micro shift 21 speed twist shifters with Shimano rear derailleur for precise gear shifting
- Front and rear alloy V brakes stop securely
- Sofy hybrid seat with springs as well as a suspension seat post for the ultimate comfort
- Alloy wheels
Schwinn Continental Commuter Bike, 7-Speed, 700C Wheels, Black
$252.68 in stock
- Schwinn alloy Men's commuter frame and suspension fork offers a comfortable, athletic riding position for the ideal riding experience
- 7-Speed Shimano Revisit twist shifter and a Shimano rear derailleur combine for smooth and easy gear changes
- Sure stop brake system - simply use one lever to engage both brakes; makes braking easier and prevents flipping over your handlebars
- Schwinn quality commuter seat softens the ride
- Fenders add style and keep you Dry for convenient riding in all weather, while the convenient rear rack carries whatever you need
Schwinn Volare 1400 Adult Hybrid Road Bike, 28-inch wheel, aluminum frame, Red
- Road bike with aluminum rigid fitness frame and rigid fork. Flat styled handlebar and sport riding seat.
- 14 speeds, Shimano rear derailleur and shifter brake lever combo will give you precise shifting. You can trust Shimano for years of smooth shifting.
- The alloy linear pull brakes on the front and rear mean that stopping won't be an issue and the alloy wheels with high profile rims have a look great
- Aluminum frame, alloy wheels, alloy crank, alloy brakes and Shimano components. A great deal that will get you out there riding and feeling more fit.
- Like all Schwinn bikes the Volare 1400 comes with limited lifetime warranty for as long as you own the bike.
Schwinn 700c Admiral Women39;s Hybrid Bike, Mint Green
- Steel hybrid style frame with retro urban styling7-speed Schwinn twist shifters with Shimano rear derailleur
Huffy Hardtail Mountain Bike, Summit Ridge 24-26 inch 21-Speed, Lightweight, Dark Blue
$157.99 in stock
2 used from $118.14
- Assembly tutorial video located beside the images; with a Denim Blue hardtail frame and 21 speeds to conquer the trails, the Huffy Summit Ridge is ready for outdoor adventures; just follow the steps in our product manual
- An exclusive: Ideal for ages 13 and up, and a minimum rider height of 5 feet; durable steel frame backed by our limited lifetime (see owner's manual); kolo 1200 suspension fork handles bumps and dips for a smoother-feeling ride
- The indexed SHIMANO TZ-31 rear derailleur combines with the micro-shift twist shifter to deliver 21 speeds on-demand for uphill Climbing, downhill riding, or pure acceleration; removable rear derailleur guard ensures consistent gear operation
- 26" X 1. 95" Knobby tires tear into dirt bike paths with ease; linear pull hand brakes deliver consistent, stopping action; premium padded ATB saddle has stitched sides for lasting quality; alloy quick release provides easy seat height adjustment
- Slight-rise handlebar enables upright riding to minimize back and shoulder strain; ATB-type resin pedals on the 3-piece kolo crank have responsive feel; Krayton grips remain comfortable to the touch; alloy wheels in matte Black; kickstand included
Schwinn Suburban Sport Comfort Hybrid Bike
$266.83 in stock
- Schwinn steel comfort frame and suspension fork offer a responsive ride and comfortable riding position
- 7-Speed Micro shift twist shifter with Schwinn shift icons and Shimano rear derailleur combine for quick and easy gear changes
- Front and rear alloy linear pull brakes provide crisp all-condition stopping, while light and strong alloy rims add crucial durability
- Swept back comfort handlebar keeps you upright for a riding position that's more comfortable and easier on your back
- Schwinn quality comfort seat and ergonomic grips help soften the ride at key touch points